Finally!! SQL Server 2014 has been released after the recent announcements earlier this month. Community Technology Preview 1 [CTP1] is available for download, link below.
Download >> SQL Server 2014 CTP1
This release has been targeted around In-Memory computing capabilities along with Cloud Computing.
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Community Technology Preview 1 (CTP1) installation limitations:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 is pre-release software and should be installed only on a clean machine. It does not support upgrade from or side-by-side installations with any previous version of SQL Server, including SQL Server 2012. In addition it does not work with or support side by side installations with any client redistributables of SQL Server such as feature pack components, Visual Studio 2012 or earlier versions, SQL Server Data Tools, Data Tier Application Framework, etc.
- To administer Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 use only SQL Server Management Studio that ships as a part of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release is NOT supported by Microsoft Customer Services and Support (CSS).
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release is only available in the X64 architecture.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release is a NON-PRODUCTION release and should not be installed and used in production environments.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release does NOT have an associated Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 Feature Pack.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release on Windows Azure VM is only intended for functional development and testing, and not for performance testing.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP1 release contains branding and versioning from older Microsoft SQL Server releases.